Water quiz - true or false?
Test your water knowledge with our true or false quiz
Can you decide which of these statements are true and which have been made up?
Click on the true or false text below each question to reveal the answer. How many did you get right?
1. A dragonfly nymph can move underwater by rocket propulsion.
2. There are less than one million lakes and ponds in the world.
3. Ponds are important in combating climate change.
4. Water slaters are more sensitive to water quality than dragonfly larvae.
5. Otters communicate underwater by banging stones together.
6. Lake Windermere is England’s largest lake.
7. Whirligig beetles have eight eyes.
8. Eels can crawl out of the water and travel overland when migrating.
9. The Common Bladderwort eats tadpoles.
10. There are lakes of liquid methane on one of the moons of Saturn.
11. Ponds have to be big to be of any conservation value.
12. Some snail shells coil clockwise and some coil anti-clockwise.
13. Frogspawn and toadspawn look the same.
14. Reservoirs alter the Earth’s rotation.