- 15 August 2013: Get involved in the tree health survey this summer (PDF, 290KB)
- 1 March 2013: New orchard lichen and moss guides for East England (PDF, 246KB)
- 4 September 2012: Milton Keynes - Save our soil survey (PDF, 13KB)
- 27 May 2012: London - Big Nature Day (PDF, 36KB)
- 20 May 2011: West Midlands - New guidebook (PDF, 50KB)
- 15 June 2010: South West - 700 species found (PDF, 50KB)
- 3 June 2010: South West - Mothecombe BioBlitz (PDF)
- 18 May 2010: East of England - Nature detectives needed (PDF, 118KB)
- 18 May 2010: Yorkshire and Humber - Help stem hedgehog decline (PDF, 69KB)
- 12 May 2010: Yorkshire and Humber - What's in your pond? (PDF, 63KB)
- 25 February 2010: North West - Council partnership (PDF, 90KB)
OPAL teams up with Manchester City Council's biodiversity partnership
- 27 October 2009: London - Earthworm Society (PDF, 129KB)
Earthworm Society of Britain launches in Hyde Park
- 20 July 2009: North East - Bat open day (PDF, 84KB)
Moorbank Botanic Gardens goes batty
- 16 July 2009: South West - Salisbury school wins VIP Museum trip (PDF, 474KB)
St Osmund's Primary School wins £1000 and a VIP trip to the Natural History Museum.
- 8 July 2009: Yorkshire and Humber - Fun for all the family at pond open day (PDF, 63KB)
Science and fun combined at Chapman's Pond Open Day in DringHouses, York.
- 25 June 2009: East Midlands - City pupils use GPS to map heathland (PDF, 66KB)
Students use GPS to map Sherwood Pines Forest Park
- 11 June 2009: East England - Scouting for earthworms and birds (PDF, 208KB)
Scouts, cubs and brownies from Stevenage will dig up and identify worms.
- 8 April 2009: North East - Worms provide an insight into secret world (PDF, 41KB)
Newcastle University opens up its secret garden to the public.
- 31 March 2009: South West - Get a wriggle on to take part in the national survey (PDF, 67KB)
Try your hand at worm identification and test the health of soil as part of the national survey.
- 16 March 2009: North West - Preston kids get involved in one of England's biggest nature surveys (PDF, 87KB
A primary school in Woodplumpton become the first to carry out the OPAL national survey.
- 16 February 2009: West Midlands - Birmingham bird initiative (PDF, 27.8KB)
Birmingham residents are helping scientists understand the survival and movements of garden birds.
- 28 November 2008: South West - Discover the wonders of nature... (PDF, 67KB)
Come along to the regional launch and learn all about woodlands.
- 28 November 2008: East Midlands - Heathland needs you! (PDF, 59KB)
Join the OPAL team and help save our heathlands.
- 26 November 2008: Yorkshire and Humber - Everything you wanted to know about spiders (PDF, 60KB)
The University of York OPAL team is running spider workshops open to everyone.
- 21 August 2008: Yorkshire and Humber - Learning about nature the fun way (PDF, 48KB)
All ages enjoy the family fun day at Chapman's Pond, Dringhouses, York.
- 28 July 2008: Yorkshire and Humber - Memory key for Yorkshire's environment mapmakers (PDF, 62KB)
A Yorkshire community are using their recollections of the past to help researchers understand the history of biodiversity in the area.
- 1 July 2008: North East - A breath of fresh air for pupils studying local lichens (PDF, 42KB)
Local pupils examine lichen distribution on the County Durham coastline.