Images and records submitted as part of the Species Quest may be passed on to national recording schemes to aid with identification and benefit their research.
- You may not use obscene or offensive language or post obscene or offensive material.
- You may not place on the site any material that is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate or which brings OPAL or any of its partners into disrepute.
- You may not post any material on the site which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential.
- You may not post any material on the site (including identifying information of private individuals or public figures) that compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself.
- You may not place on the site any material (including photographs) belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent from the owner.
- You may not place on the site any material where the use by OPAL partners, or any third party licensed or permitted by OPAL, will give rise to any third party claims.
- You grant OPAL and its partners the unrestricted, perpetual right to use, reproduce, translate and distribute any material (including text, photographs or video) you place on the site.
- Whilst we do not pre-screen submissions placed on the site, we do have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted to the site.
- OPAL and its partners accept no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these rules of acceptable use.
- If anyone becomes aware that any material on the OPAL site or any activities carried out on its pages are offensive, unlawful or infringe any third party rights in any way, please send an appropriately worded message to firstname.lastname@example.org. OPAL shall then act expeditiously to remove any such material or to disable access to the information.
- Access to the site is provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the site that is inconsistent with these purposes is strictly prohibited. If you do not agree to the specific terms and conditions set out above, or the general terms and conditions, do not submit contributions to the site.