You can contribute to this research by becoming a citizen scientist and surveying your local patch (school grounds, park or garden) for pollinators.
Why should I take part?
How to take part
- Step 1
– Download and print the documentsin English or in Welsh, ideally in colour.
- Step 2
– Find a suitable area and start looking for pollinators!
- Step 3
– Tell us what you find using oursimple online form .
Enter your results online
If you are doing the Polli:Nation Survey at a registered school
Creating Habitat for Pollinators
Why not sign up to the Pollinator Promise and create a buzz onling using #PolliPromise
Just want to submit a Species Quest sighting?
Submit aSpecies Quest sighting
Problems entering your results online?
Send your results to:
And remember, if you plan to make habitat improvements to your survey site then please re-survey your site the following year to help us build a clearer picture of how habitat changes are affecting the abundance of pollinators.
- Polli:Nation Survey Booklet
Instructions and recording sheet.
- Habitat, Plant and Pollinator Identification Guide
Illustrated cards to help identify the habitats, plants and pollinators you find.
By downloading this survey you agree to the terms and conditions for the OPAL Polli:Nation Survey
Group leaders and schools
Other useful links
- Download all th
e resources above in asingle ZIP file
- Health and safety
- Planting for pollinators
View the results
- Polli:nation survey results 2016
- Polli:Nation results map – coming soon
- Species Quest distribution map – coming soon